Friday, March 15, 2013

Day 62 - Sorting out and making my deliveries...

My delivery for Campaign 6 arrived at 8.30 this morning - which is great because I get the chance to sort it out on the same day and even deliver to some of my customers.

I get quite excited when the order comes, I love to see all the products and often add a few to my own wish list for the next order!

Today I thought I could take some photos of how quickly I could trash the sitting room whilst sorting out my orders!!



It was organised chaos (honestly!)

Each customer's order was carefully picked out from the pile and put into the appropriate sized bag, (taking careful attention to note any "Quantity 2" orders) - then their order was stapled to the bag and a Campaign 7 brochure included also. I line them up together by street so that it is easier for me to put them in larger bags ready for delivery.

Here's one customer's order ready to deliver:

I have 27 in all to deliver, so this time I bought some lovely pink AVON calling cards - I think they were just 63 pence for a hundred and I am using them to leave for customer's who were not home. I already put my sticker on them that gives my contact number etc.

For example: I pop to a street and if there is no reply at a customer's door, I check the box that says "I tried to deliver your order" and beneath there is a section to put a tick in the day that you will come back - I tick "tomorrow" and "Saturday" - then I write down how much there order is for and "Thank You" - and then I post it through - with a note to myself to come back and try to redeliver tomorrow. This is working quite well... I have had a couple of texts from people who would prefer me to come back Tuesday and Thursday, which is fine, at least I won't be wasting any time popping back to them tomorrow.

For the customers who are home, I have a float of change (money) with me and an excel spreadsheet for myself where I can check off who has paid me, who I've left a card for and who might want me to come a different day etc etc. So I just take their money, have a little chat whilst giving them the change and their order and then when I've finished with the customer I mark them as PAID on my list.

It all works fab for me, no chance of mixing up or forgetting who has and who hasn't paid.

1 comment: